Cyprus Property, Larnaca
Larnaca was first established in the area of Larnaca (Larnaka) in the 13th century BC and was named Kition.
town is situated in the south eastern area of the country
and has a modern port complex and industrial base.
Larnaca has a sandy beach which is lined with palm trees. In the old quarter of the town there are hotels, apartment buildings and shops for the tourist and resident. Close by is Larnaca's shopping centre where you can buy fashion and jewellery etc.
Larnaca has three notable museums containing mediaeval and archaeological artefacts. Not far outside the town to the south west can be seen the old aqueduct, The Kamares. Built in 1745 of Roman style, it carried water to Larnaca from a source 6 miles to the south.
Makenzy Beach is just south of larnaca, a resort area providing excellent safe bathing, modern spacious restaurants, beach facing terraces, gardens, lawns and car parking.
Drosia in Larnaca, surrounded by major schools and only 200m from the American Academy, churches, banks, supermarkets, cafeterias, restaurants and the municipal zoo, library and forest park.
Larnaca has excellent schools, English is widely spoken throughout the Republic of Cyprus and newspapers are published in the English language.
Motorways extend from Larnaca to (Agia) Ayia Napa, a popular seaside town to the east, to Nicosia, the capital town to the north and to Limassol, the second largest port town in the Republic.
On the coast roads to the north and south of Larnaca Town are two other resort areas. The larger of the two is north on the Larnaca to Dhekelia (Ayia Napa) road, around 7 km from Larnaca town where there are sandy beaches and there are shops, restaurants and bars.
FOOD & DRINK
Cyprus Property Search: